- Other rated/remarkable solving tournaments 2019 January 6, 2019
- ISC 2019: Initial statistics January 1, 2019
- Solvers’ ratings January 1st 2019 January 1, 2019
- Happy New Year 2019! December 31, 2018
- FIDE Album 2016-2018 announcement December 4, 2018
- World Solving Cup 2018/2019 – Geel 10.11.2018 November 11, 2018
- 14th European Chess Solving Championship November 6, 2018
- World Solving Cup 2018/2019 – Minsk 3./4.11.2018 November 5, 2018
- World Solving Cup 2018/2019 – Bern 13.10.2018 October 15, 2018
- Invitation to the 15th ISC October 8, 2018
Recent news by category
Solvers’ ratings as of January 1st 2019 produced by the Solving Tournament Manager are published!
8 tournaments of the 4th quarter 2018 are included: 3rd Solving Cup Byron Zappas (Greece), 27th Kedainiai Cup (Lithuania), 34th Open Swiss Solving Championship, 11th Albino Cup (Belarus), 1st Pavle Orlov Memorial (Serbia), 25th Belgian Championship , 29th Henk Hagedoorn Memorial (Netherlands), New Year’s Tournament 2019 (Serbia).
25th Belgian Championship 2018 | 3rd tournament of World Solving Cup 2018/2019:
Participants: 15 | Winner: Eddy Van Beers (BEL – Belgian Champion) ahead of Michael Pfannkuche (GER) and Nikos Sidiropoulos (GRE)
Average rating of top ten solvers: 2347.40 | WSC category: 7
Leaders World Solving Cup: 1. Danila Pavlov (RUS) 27 points, 2. Anatoly Mukoseev (RUS) 23 points, 3. Eddy Van Beers (BEL) 19 points (2579.44 Perf. Rating), 4. Arno Zude (GER) 19 points (2512.33 Perf. Rating), 5. Aleksey Popov (RUS) 19 points (2480.60 Perf. Rating).
The Greek Chess Composition Committee of the Greek Chess Federation has the honor to invite the European national teams and individual solvers to participate in the 14th European Chess Solving Championship. The event will be held from Friday, May 3rd (arrival) to Sunday, May 5th (departure) at the “Oasis Hotel Apartments” in Glyfada, a cosmopolitan suburb of Athens. The hotel is the same that hosted the ECSC 2016.
Director of the ECSC will be Ivan Denkovski assisted by Ioannis Garoufalidis and Harry Fougiaxis | Director of the open solving tournament will be Ioannis Garoufalidis.
Organization: Nikos & George Mendrinos in co-operation with the Greek Chess Composition Committee.
11th Albino Cup 2018 | 2nd tournament of World Solving Cup 2018/2019:
Participants: 22 | Winner: Danila Pavlov (RUS) ahead of Anatoly Mukoseev (RUS) and Aleksey Popov (RUS – FM norm)
Average rating of top ten solvers: 2409.47 | WSC category: 5
Aleksey Popov has achieved his 2nd FM norm and will get the FIDE Solving Master title at the next congress.
Leaders World Solving Cup: 1. Danila Pavlov (RUS) 27 points, 2. Anatoly Mukoseev (RUS) 23 points,
3. Arno Zude (GER) 19 points (2512.33 Perf. Rating), 4. Aleksey Popov (RUS) 19 points (2480.60 Perf. Rating).
The International Solving Contest – ISC – next year will take place on Sunday January 27th 2019. The event is happening simultaneously in all participating countries. The name of the locally appointed controller must reach the central controllers by e-mail no later than December 31st 2018.