- World Solving Cup 2017/2018 – Geel 02.12.2017 December 5, 2017
- FIDE ALBUM 2013-2015 – Results in section E November 29, 2017
- 16th Warsaw Chess Solving Grand Prix 2017 in Warsaw (Poland) 24.-26.11.2017 November 28, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2017/2018 – Minsk 04/05.11.2017 November 7, 2017
- Invitation to the 14th ISC October 14, 2017
- 14th ECSC in Moscow October 4, 2017
- Solvers’ ratings October 1st 2017 October 1, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Bern 09.09.2017 September 13, 2017
- 6th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2018 (C 1.2.2018) September 7, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2017/2018 – Registration of participating countries September 7, 2017
Recent news by category
The results of the FIDE Album 2013-15 section E (helpmates) are ready!
An impressive number of 2583 entries (incl. duplicates) were received and they were split in three groups: E1 for h#<=2, E2 for h#2,5 and h#3, and E3 for h#>3. The h#2s dominated once more. In each group there were three judges with each team of judges working independently. 2027 entries scored at least 4,5 points (78,5% of the total entries, a decent ratio for such a popular genre). 305 problems scored at least 8 points, which represents a reasonable ratio of 15% selected problems; of course the respective ratio varies in the three groups. Full statistics are given in the page of the results.
Many thanks to the director and the judges for their hard and efficient work!
Update 5.12.2017: An anticipation was found for a selected h#2 which is now removed form the list.
Update 14.12.2017: A selected h#2, which is already included in the 2010-12 album, is now removed from the list.
Warsaw Grand Prix | 3rd tournament of World Solving Cup 2017/2018:
Participants: 22 | Winner: Piotr Murdzia (POL) | Vidmantas Satkus (LTU) 2nd and new leader of World Solving Cup
Average rating of top ten solvers: 2.459.60 | WSC category: 4
More details and the current WSC standing are published in Competitions→Solving→WSC: 2017/18 Calendar.
The International Solving Contest – ISC – next year will take place on Sunday January 28th 2018. The event is happening simultaneously in all participating countries.
We were notified by the organisers of the 14th ECSC that the championship will not take place at Kaliningrad, as the initially foreseen hotel had to arrange some other events in that weekend. The new venue and dates are as follows:
Organiser: Chess Composition Committee of the Russian Chess Federation
Dates: 4-6 May 2018 (Friday to Sunday)
Venue: Hotel Cosmos*** (Prospect Mira 150, Moscow)
Prices: 30 EUR per person in a double room, 50 EUR per person in a single room
Prices include breakfast, free wi-fi, parking
Registration fee: 45 EUR
The hotel shall provide support to the participants for the issue of visas
Contact person: Andrey Selivanov, firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Chess Federation (FIDE), within the framework of its “Chess Composition” special project, is organising the 6th FIDE World Cup in Composing for 2018 in eight sections.