- World Solving Cup 2017/2018 – Minsk 04/05.11.2017 November 7, 2017
- Invitation to the 14th ISC October 14, 2017
- 14th ECSC in Moscow October 4, 2017
- Solvers’ ratings October 1st 2017 October 1, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Bern 09.09.2017 September 13, 2017
- 6th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2018 (C 1.2.2018) September 7, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2017/2018 – Registration of participating countries September 7, 2017
- Pending solving norms after WCCC August 21, 2017
- 60th WCCC – Highlights and Decisions August 18, 2017
- 41st World Chess Solving Championship August 17, 2017
Recent news by category
Registration remains open until 15 May 2017, the day after the ECSC in Riga. Also standard registration fee of 100 EUR remains payable until 15 May.
Torsten Linß (on behalf of the organising committee)
Schwalbe, deutsche Vereinigung für Problemschach, and the local organizing committee have the honour to invite national representatives of the World Federation for Chess Composition (WFCC), national chess solving teams, individual solvers and composers and everybody interested in problem chess, to attend the jubilee 60th World Congress of Chess Composition (WCCC) and 41st World Chess Solving Championship (WCSC).
The congress will be held at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Dresden, Germany, from Saturday, 5 August 2017 (arrival), to Saturday, 12 August (departure). The Open Solving will take place on Monday, 7 August 2017, and the WCSC on Tuesday and Wednesday, 8-9 August 2017.
The congress is organized as part of the Dresdner Schachsommer (Dresden Chess Summer, 29 July-12 August 2017) which also comprises the German Masters and the ZMDI Open (29 July-6 August 2017, an international OTB open tournament).
- (05.08) A page with the final WCSC results and the latest updates of WSC 2016-17 will be ready in a few days.
- (05.08) Prize giving for composing and solving tourneys, live streaming on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNFsm7tQH10
- (03.08) WCCC 2016, Serbia – WFCC rapid chess match.
Tonight, 20:00, there will be a rapid chess match between the selected team of WCCC participants, and the best Serbian chess players. You can follow games alive on http://serbiachess.net/live/serbia_world_2016/tfd.htm and the live stream from the Hotel Metropol Palace at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckwzHpV0tog. The WFCC captain is GM John Nunn, and the captain of Serbian Olympic team is GM Slavoljub Marjanovic. There will be two games on each board, 25 minutes + 10 seconds for every move. Pairings of the first round: GM Ivan Ivanisevic – GM Kacper Piorun, GM Alexander Mista – GM Robert Markus, GM Milos Perunovic – GM Bojan Vuckovic, GM John Nunn – GM Branko Damljanovic. In the second round the same pairs will be playing with reversed colours.
- (01.08) The 59th WCCC Open, Belgrade, 01 August 2016:
Participants | Problems | Solutions | Preliminary results | Final results
- (31.07) WFCC Opening Session
(Photos: Andjelko Vasiljević)
- (30.07) Opening ceremony in the Belgrade City Hall was run by Tamara Gadjanski and Marko Ložajić, with some movies presented about chess history of Belgrade, and traditional music. Borislav Gadjanski, the president of the Serbian Chess Problem Society, and Vladimir Pajić, representative of the City, addressed participants and guests. Finally, Harry Fougiaxis, the president of the WFCC, declared the 59th WCCC open.
Harry Fougiaxis and Vladimir Pajić on the board; Vladimir Pajić and Marko Ložajić; Tamara and Borislav Gadjanski;
Vladimir Baralić playing flute. (Photos: Andjelko Vasiljević)
Five days Composing Tourneys, 28 July – 2 August, are announced within WCCC 2016: Group A, #2 (judge: Marjan Kovačević); Group B, Ser-r#3-8 (judge: Miodrag Mladenović). See details on the official WCCC 2016 website, section Official composing tournaments. For the Congress participants only. Welcome to participate!