- FIDE ALBUM 2016-2018 – Results in section C January 14, 2021
- World Solving Cup 2019/2020 – Winner Aleksey Popov January 14, 2021
- Solvers’ ratings January 1st 2021 January 2, 2021
- 2nd Home Solving Tournament: Results & Presentation December 13, 2020
- New titles confirmed in 2020 November 12, 2020
- Current list of FIDE ALBUM points, 2016-18 November 1, 2020
- FIDE ALBUM 2016-2018 – Results in section D October 17, 2020
- FIDE ALBUM 2016-2018 – Results in section E October 4, 2020
- 8th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2020 – FINAL results October 2, 2020
- Solvers’ ratings October 1st 2020 October 1, 2020
Recent news by category
“When we organised the Lockdown Tournament last May, it was never the intention to repeat this. At that moment nobody had any idea what the future would bring. We all hoped to return quickly to our normal live. Half a year later we know that it is not that simple.
Some time ago I made the selection for the traditional Henk Hagedoorn Memorial in the Netherlands, but when this tournament was cancelled, everything went fast. With most of the problems “ready to use” and a complete lack of live tournaments, the decision to repeat the Home Solving Tournament (a much better name than the ugly “Lockdown”) was quickly made.”
− Luc Palmans, Spokesman of Solving Committee
→ See the results and photo gallery in the presentation Roland Baier wins Second Home Solving Tournament!
The FINAL Results of the 8th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2020 are published.
Statistics: 370 entries by 225 participants from 37 countries submitted.
Among them: #2 – 47, #3 – 38, #n – 36, studies – 56, h# – 81, s# – 48, fairies – 43, retro – 21.
The final reports include the following changes ->
Section A: Comment to A43 has been changed.
Section B: Problem B26 (rewarded with 1st Honourable Mention) was excluded because of duals. B35 and B14 were moved to the 1st and 2nd Honourable Mentions respectively.
Section C: Problem C08 (rewarded with 1st Commendation) was excluded because of anticipation. C30, C35 and C15 were moved to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Commendations respectively.
Section D: Introduction was added. D01, D13, D32, D51, D50, D44, D37, D41 and D29 were moved to the 1st Special Prize, 3rd Prize, 4th Prize, Special Commendation, 5th Prize, 2nd Special Prize, 1st Honourable Mention, 2nd Honourable Mention and 3rd Honourable Mention respectively.
Section E: Problems E49 (rewarded with 8th Honourable Mention) and E69 (rewarded with 5th Honourable Mention) was excluded because of anticipation. E26 and E17 were moved to the 5th and 6th Honourable Mentions respectively.
Section F: Problem F12 (rewarded with 1st Prize) was moved to the Special Prize. All other prize problems went up one place.
Section H: Problems H16, H18 and H17 (rewarded with 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and 1st Commendation respectively) were excluded because of cooks. One problem was added as a 2nd Honourable Mention: H21. H20 and H05 were moved to the 2nd Prize and 1st Honourable Mention respectively.
- Tournament director Aleksandr Bulavka (Belarus)