Solvers’ ratings as of October 1st 2015 are published! 4 tournaments included: 23. ICH of Czechia Pardubice; Sarychev Memorial; Ostroda OPEN; 39.WCSC Ostroda.
Three top solvers are: Georgy Evseev, Kacper Piorun and Piotr Murdzia!
The International Solving Contest – ISC – next year will take place on Sunday January 24th 2016. The event is happening simultaneously in all participating countries.
The name of the locally appointed controller must reach the central controllers by e-mail no later than December 31st 2015. Central controllers: Axel Steinbrink & Luc Palmans | Invitation | Invitation (PDF format)
The latest update of entries to 2013-15 WCCI is available in WCCI 2013-2015: Entries on the Competitions/Composing/ page.
- Claims should only be made concerning complete anticipation, legitimate publication data, legality and soundness.
- All claims must be sent to the director only (Dmitry Turevsky, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Participants may submit their entries by January 20, 2016. Details can be found in the announcement.
The WFCC is inviting composers of all countries to participate in the 2013-15 WCCI. The tourney director is Dmitry Turevsky (email: email@example.com). Participants may submit their entries by January 20, 2016. Details can be found in the announcement.
World Solving Cup (WSC) 2015/2016
- The World Solving Cup and its rules were established at the Ostróda WCCC.
- The WSC includes rated tournaments organized by countries – FIDE members. Each country may nominate one such tournament which should be open for all.
- A season of the WSC is a period between the two WFCC congresses, with the WCCC Open as the final tournament of a season.
- Countries should register their tournaments to be included in the WSC before or during the WFCC congress, but not more than one month later. A list of registered tournaments is published on the WFCC site. The official announcement of each tournament (or a link to it) is published on the WFCC site at least two months before it starts.
- The best solvers from each tournament get WSC points. Depending on the category of a tournament a specific number of the best placed solvers get points. Tournaments are sorted into seven categories depending on the average rating of the ten participating solvers with the highest ratings.
- The sum of a solver’s four best tournaments is taken into account for the WSC final result.
- The Director for WSC 2015/16 is Marko Klasinc - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Announcements and any questions are to be addressed to him. Assistant Directors are Marek Kolcak and Vidmantas Satkus.
A WSC subsection with rules and calendar of the tournaments is published in the Competitions/Solving section.
Solving tourneys database by Luc Palmans is updated and moved to http://www.kunstschach.ch/pdb.html. The database provides problems of tournaments since 1977 and will be updated periodically with new and missing problems.
The International Chess Federation (FIDE), within the framework of its “Chess Composition” special project, and the Chess Federation of Azerbaijan are organizing the FIDE Olympic Tournament in composing 2016 dedicated to the 42nd World Chess Olympiad 2016 (Baku, Azerbaijan, 17-30.09.2016).
The tournament is coordinated with the WFCC Presidium and is a part of the joint efforts by FIDE and WFCC for the popularization and development of chess composition worldwide.
The FIDE Album 2007-2009 (the official selection of the world’s best and most representative chess compositions) has been published. 640 pages, 1426 diagrams, 312 authors. Comments, indexes, registers, statistics in English.
Hard-cover blue clothbound. Price 45 euro (surface shipping free). Discounts if more copies ordered. Orders to Peter Gvozdják, firstname.lastname@example.org. Sample pages available as a PDF file.
WFCC is glad that the new editorial team continues the work of the old team keeping the same high-quality standards. Our sincere thanks and congratulations to all those who contributed to the project: directors, judges, indexers and editors. We updated the relevant pages with the statistics of both 2007-09 and 2010-12 albums (the latter is currently in progress).
(13.08) Highlights and Decisions
(09.08) The BULLETIN of the Congress (last version)
(08.08) Rating of the 39th WCSC, Ostróda, 04-05 August 2015
(07.08) The 39th WCSC, Ostróda, 04-05 August 2015 - Preliminary results are replaced with Final results | Statistics
(05.08) The 39th WCSC, Ostróda, 04-05 August 2015 - Preliminary results, 1st-2nd day
(05.08) Rating of the 58th WCCC Open, Ostróda, 03 August 2015
(04.08) The 39th WCSC, Ostróda, 04-05 August 2015 – Preliminary results, 1st day
(04.08) The 58th WCCC Open, Ostróda, 03 August 2015 – Final results
(03.08) The 58th WCCC Open, Ostróda, 03 August 2015 – Preliminary results
Dear delegates, deputies and individual members, please see the AGENDA of this year’s congress!
You can see a link to Official website of the congress, an Invitation as PDF and a link to the Agenda in the Meetings section →Ostróda.
Solvers’ ratings as of July 1st 2015 are published!
12 tournaments included: 9th Uralskij problemist Cup Tula; 23rd ICH of Russia Tula; 23rd ICH of Slovakia Bytca; 36th ICH of Azerbaijan Baku; Open Kedainiai; 36th ICH of Lietuva Kedainiai; 39th ICH of Germany Hannover; Open Iasi; 11th ECSC Iasi; ICH of Serbia Beograd; 2nd Israeli OSC; 14th ICH of Greece Athens.
Three top solvers are the same during the last year: Georgy Evseev, Piotr Murdzia and Kacper Piorun!