- World Solving Cup 2015/2016 – Pardubice, 16-17.7.2016 July 18, 2016
- Handbook of Chess Composition, 7th edition July 10, 2016
- Solvers’ ratings July 1st 2016 July 2, 2016
- 10th WCCT: Entries June 30, 2016
- WCCI 2013-2015: Results June 26, 2016
- World Solving Cup 2015/2016 – Igalo, 11-12.6.2016 June 15, 2016
- World Solving Cup 2015/2016 – Ramat-Gan, 5.6.2016 June 15, 2016
- Belgrade WCCC 2016: News for composers and juniors under 18 June 5, 2016
- FIDE Olympic Tournament in composing 2016 – Final Award June 4, 2016
- World Solving Cup 2015/2016 – Klaipeda, 21-22.5.2016 May 25, 2016
Recent news by category
Georgy Evseev, the director of the 10th World Chess Composition Tournament, presents the ENTRIES BOOKLET of 8 sections with introduction (available from the 10th WCCT page): Introduction (55 kb) | Section A (765 kb) | Section B (327 kb) | Section C (338 kb) | Section D (417 kb) | Section E (366 kb) | Section F (334 kb) | Section G (342 kb) | Section H (392 kb)
- The teams may send claims before October 1st, 2016 to the tournament Director, Georgy Evseev (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only appointed team leaders may send claims.
- Only claims concerning obvious misprints and errors, soundness and anticipation will be accepted. Claims about the thematic contents or technical improvement will be ignored.
- The judging countries should start judgment process immediately, in order to save time.
The WFCC is pleased to announce the results of the 2013-15 World Championship in Composing for Individuals. The WCCI was conducted, as usual, in 8 sections and attracted a record number of 2862 entries by 248 composers from 41 countries. We are grateful to Dmitry Turevsky, the director of the championship, who uploaded all entries on the site, co-ordinated flawlessly the 40 judges and prepared an excellent and very comprehensive report. All judges worked smoothly and submitted their scores on time. The members of the supervising panel resolved a few minor issues without interfering to the judges’ work.
Dear chess friends,
- Three first Unofficial Composing Tourneys are announced within WCCC 2016 as of June, 5th: 28th Spišská borovička Tourney, 4th Azemmour Tourney (The Rope), 16th Japanese Sake Tourney.
- 154 participants from 33 countries have registered for WCCC 2016.
- Let us remind you that direct registering on the WCCC 2016 site allows you reserving your places before fixing all the details of your trip and stay (see Registration of participants → Instructions / Help). Later on you may edit your registration till June 30th.
Juniors: For the first time WCCC will include separate competitions for juniors (U14 and U18). A part from YCCC, there will be U14 and U18 categories in the frames of the Open solving tourney, and 2 more competitions for juniors U18 only: Machine Gun solving (#2), and the Youth Solving Show (#2). Both competitions will be run using original programs created by late Milan Velimirović.
There have been 12 U18 solvers registered for WCCC till now, 7 of them in U14 category.
- June 30th is the deadline for submiting entries for YCCC 2016, as well as for registering for the WCCC 2016.