- 57th WCCC: Schedule August 12, 2014
- 57th WCCC: Agenda August 2, 2014
- FIDE ALBUM 2010-2012 – Results in section B July 29, 2014
- 57th WCCC: composing tournaments July 25, 2014
- Solvers’ ratings July 1st 2014 June 30, 2014
- 57th WCCC & 38th WCSC: registration – reminder June 18, 2014
- Uri Avner (13-01-1941 – 10-06-2014) June 12, 2014
- 10th ECSC, 16.-18.05.2014 May 22, 2014
- 57th WCCC & 38th WCSC: update of the schedule May 13, 2014
- FIDE ALBUM 2010-2012 – Results in section C May 12, 2014
Recent news by category
Please remember, that the deadline for the registration on 57th WCCC and 38th WCSC, which guarantees the hotel reservation, is at the end of this month, June 30th, 2014!
GM Uri Avner passed away on the 10th of June, 2014, at the age of 73, after a long battle with a severe disease. For many years Uri Avner led the Israeli chess composition society, represented Israel in the WCCC and was the best Israeli composer. Uri was always involved in various sub-committees and was the President of the PCCC from 2006 to 2010 during its transition to WFCC. He was also nominated honorary president in 2010.
The 10th ECSC took place at Igalo, Montenegro in 16.-18.05.2014.
All the solving events were organised, controlled and judged by the tireless Ryszard Królikowski. His efforts have been titanic and WFCC is really thankful. It is sad that Paul Valois, who had volunteered to help Ryszard in controlling and marking, passed away unexpectedly a few days before the event.
- ECSC: 15 teams and 63 solvers. The three top teams: Poland, Russia, Serbia. The three top solvers: Piotr Murdzia (Poland), Georgy Evseev (Russia), Marko Filipović (Croatia).
- Open Solving tournament: 60 participants. The three top solvers: Jonathan Mestel (Great Britain), Piotr Murdzia (Poland), Piotr Górski (Poland).
- Quick Solving: 35 participants. The three top solvers: Jonathan Mestel (Great Britain), Vasyl Dyachuk (Ukraine), Jorma Paavilainen (Finland).