- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Geel, 22.10.2016 October 24, 2016
- Solvers’ ratings October 1st 2016 October 2, 2016
- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Bern, 24.9.2016 September 27, 2016
- 5th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2017 (C 1.2.2017) August 25, 2016
- Invitation to the 13th ISC August 19, 2016
- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – New Rules August 12, 2016
- 59th WCCC & 40th WCSC: Results August 9, 2016
- 59th WCCC & 40th WCSC: Breaking news (03-05.08) August 3, 2016
- World Solving Cup 2015/2016 – Final August 3, 2016
- 59th WCCC & 40th WCSC: Breaking news (30.07-02.08) August 1, 2016
Recent news by category
The International Chess Federation (FIDE), within the framework of its “Chess Composition” special project, is organising the 5th FIDE World Cup in Composing for 2017 in eight sections.
The International Solving Contest – ISC – next year will take place on Sunday January 29th 2017. The event is happening simultaneously in all participating countries.
- (05.08) A page with the final WCSC results and the latest updates of WSC 2016-17 will be ready in a few days.
- (05.08) Prize giving for composing and solving tourneys, live streaming on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNFsm7tQH10
- (03.08) WCCC 2016, Serbia – WFCC rapid chess match.
Tonight, 20:00, there will be a rapid chess match between the selected team of WCCC participants, and the best Serbian chess players. You can follow games alive on http://serbiachess.net/live/serbia_world_2016/tfd.htm and the live stream from the Hotel Metropol Palace at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckwzHpV0tog. The WFCC captain is GM John Nunn, and the captain of Serbian Olympic team is GM Slavoljub Marjanovic. There will be two games on each board, 25 minutes + 10 seconds for every move. Pairings of the first round: GM Ivan Ivanisevic – GM Kacper Piorun, GM Alexander Mista – GM Robert Markus, GM Milos Perunovic – GM Bojan Vuckovic, GM John Nunn – GM Branko Damljanovic. In the second round the same pairs will be playing with reversed colours.
World Solving Cup 2015/2016: WCCC Open 2016, Belgrade, 1.8.2016
Winner: Kacper Piorun (POL) | The average rating of top ten solvers: 2.620
The WSC category of the tournament: 1
Winners of the WSC 2015/2016:
- Eddy Van Beers (BEL)
- Abdelaziz Onkoud (MAR)
- Martynas Limontas (LTU)
- (01.08) The 59th WCCC Open, Belgrade, 01 August 2016:
Participants | Problems | Solutions | Preliminary results | Final results
- (31.07) WFCC Opening Session
(Photos: Andjelko Vasiljević)
- (30.07) Opening ceremony in the Belgrade City Hall was run by Tamara Gadjanski and Marko Ložajić, with some movies presented about chess history of Belgrade, and traditional music. Borislav Gadjanski, the president of the Serbian Chess Problem Society, and Vladimir Pajić, representative of the City, addressed participants and guests. Finally, Harry Fougiaxis, the president of the WFCC, declared the 59th WCCC open.
Harry Fougiaxis and Vladimir Pajić on the board; Vladimir Pajić and Marko Ložajić; Tamara and Borislav Gadjanski;
Vladimir Baralić playing flute. (Photos: Andjelko Vasiljević)