- World Solving Cup 2018/2019 – Helsinki 16.02.2019 February 18, 2019
- 15th International Solving Contest: Final Results February 12, 2019
- World Solving Cup 2018/2019 – Moscow 02./03.02.2019 February 6, 2019
- Invitation to Vilnius: 62nd WCCC & 43rd WCSC February 5, 2019
- ISC 2019 – preliminary results February 2, 2019
- 7th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2019 (C 1.3.2019) February 1, 2019
- Top-results of ISC-2019 January 30, 2019
- World Solving Cup 2018/2019 – Warsaw 19./20.01.2019 January 23, 2019
- Other rated/remarkable solving tournaments 2019 January 6, 2019
- ISC 2019: Initial statistics January 1, 2019
Recent news by category
The International Solving Contest next year will take place on Sunday January 25th 2015. The event is happening simultaneously in all participating countries. …Read more…
Dear Endgame Study Friends,
One month ago we received the shocking news that our good endgame study friend Iuri Akobia (Georgia) had passed away. His contribution to our art is immense: not only his marvellous endgame studies and his books, but also his terrific website. Especially the awards section became a valuable news source for endgame study composers. >>Read more/less…
In addition, Iuri’s site hosted a couple of “Study of the Year” selections, including the Study of the Year 2013 (SOY2013), which had a deadline of December 1st 2014. I am happy to be able to announce that the board of the Dutch Endgame Study Society ARVES has responded positively to my request to host the SOY2013 on their website. I obviously also consulted the Endgame Study Committee of the WFCC proposing: 1) to host the SOY2013 on the ARVES website, and: 2) to extend the submission deadline to December 31st, 2014. I only got positive responses. Further, I will direct the SOY2013 instead of Akobia (although there would not be a real objection to do so, I will not submit one of my own studies).
This is the SOY2013 link:
Further, I am also happy to announce that ARVES will try and continue the awards website of Akobia. Of course, the PDF/PGN-content is there, but ARVES will try and add both new awards and also wants to add historical awards. They hope that tourney organizers as well as individual composers and other endgame enthusiasts will contribute by providing new and historical award files.
Here is the award website:
Another relevant service of Akobia’s website to our art was the (endgame study) tourney calender. ARVES has also promised to undertake continuation of this service, and will soon announce its launch.
Please do forward this e-mail to others that might be interested in this news. Thank you! In case you are hosting a website yourself, please add the links mentioned above!
Dr. Harold van der Heijden, spokesman of the Endgame Study Committee of the WFCC
The results of the 2010-12 Album h#2 section are ready.
The International Solving Contest next year will take place on Sunday January 25th 2015. The event is happening simultaneously in all participating countries.
(31.08) The 57th World Congress of Chess Composition & the 38th World Chess Solving Championship in Bern, 25-30.08.14, has just ended. See Highlights and Decisions. Some other relevant sections of the website will be filled soon.
(30.08) The current version of the booklet of the 57th WCCC and the 38th WCSC.
(29.08) Breaking news:
Next congress 2015 – Ostróda (Poland), 01.- 08.08.2015
GM in solving:
IM in solving:
FM in solving:
IM in composing:
FM in composing:
- (29.08) Awards of Composing tournaments: Official 5 days composing tourney | Quick composing tourney | 12th Romanian Tzuica Tourney | 1st Azerbaijan Helpmate | 14th Japanese Sake AWARD | 17th Sabra AWARD | 5th Bulgarian Wine AWARD | 2° Azemmour | VODKA-TOURNEY-2014 | Champagne Award 2014 | Moskovskaya Matreshka-2014 | 12th Ukrainian Folk Crafts | ARVES 7th Jenever Tourney | 26. SPIŠSKÁ BOROVIČKA
- (29.08) Statistics Open 2014 | statistics WCSC 2014
- (29.08) Final team results | final individual results | rating of the 38.WCSC, Bern, 26-27 August 2014.
- (28.08) Rating of 57. WCCC Open, Bern, 25 August 2014.
- (27.08) The 2nd day of the 38. WCSC Tournament Bern, 26-27 August 2014.
See problems | solutions (preliminary results removed with final as of 29.08)
- (26.08) The 1st day of the 38. WCSC Tournament Bern, 26-27 August 2014. Attended by 90 solvers and 23 teams. (preliminary results removed with final as of 29.08)
- (25.08) The 57. WCCC Open, Bern, 25 August 2014 was attended by 104 solvers from 24 countries. See problems | solutions | final results!
The International Chess Federation (FIDE), within the framework of its “Chess Composition” special project, is organizing the 4th FIDE World Cup in Composing for 2015 in eight sections.