(03.06.2023) Two additional solving competitions were held in the frames of ECSC 2023 on Saturday, 03 June 2023.
BLIND SOLVING – RESULTS
The blind solving tournament is a rapid-fire tournament in the style of quick solving, where problems are presented one by one on a screen. Unlike in ordinary quick solving, where diagrams are shown, in this tournament problems will be presented in notation only.…read more…
- A total of 10 twomovers will be presented on a screen.
- The problems will be displayed one after another, in notation as a list of white and black chess pieces. Chess pieces will be displayed as chess symbols.
- Solvers are not allowed to use any kind of chessboard, not even empty or a diagram.
- The time to solve each problem is limited to the time the notation is displayed:
- 3 minutes basic time,
- 1 minute extended time, simultaneously with the following problem.
- Solvers write only the key (as usual for twomovers).
- Scoring: correct key = 1 point, wrong key = -0.9 point.
BALTIC COMBINED – RESULTS
Conceived by Ilja Ketris for the 13th ECSC in Riga 2017, Baltic Combined is a tournament which will test both composing and solving skills. Every participant must send one original orthodox helpmate in two with only one solution.…read more…
Retro problems, fairy pieces/conditions and promoted pieces are not allowed. The helpmate should be as difficult as possible to solve (while satisfying standard composing requirements, of course). Every participant will solve all the problems composed by the other participants. One point is awarded for every correctly solved problem, and another point for every participant who does not manage to solve your problem. If there are 15 or fewer participants, there will be only one round-robin group. If there are more participants, the system of the competition will be announced on the 25th of May 2023. If you want to participate, please send your problems by email only to the main judge of the tournament Oto Mihalčo. No separate registration is required. The deadline for submissions is 15th of May 2023.