42nd Meeting of the Permanent Commission
- 28 member countries were present.
- WCCI is organized by the PCCC in 8 sections (the
same as in FIDE Albums).
- There are three judges in each group, who cannot
participate as competitors.
- Only published problems from a 3-years period can
participate. Every author can send at most 6 compositions in each group
and 4 best of them count for the final score. Joint problems are not allowed.
A world champion becomes a composer with the highest sum of his best four
- Details will be discussed in Pula 2000.
- 2000 Pula, Croatia
- 2001 Wageningen, Holland
- 2002 Slovenia ?
President Bedrich Formanek (Slovakia), secretary
Günter Büsing (Germany).
Decisions concerning the title of World Championship
in Composing for Individuals (WCCI):
FIDE-Album 1992-94 is supposed to appear next autumn.
- Honorary Master of Problem Chess: Giorgio
Mirri (Italy), Slavo Zlatic (Croatia)
International Solving Grandmaster: Jorma
International Solving Master: Piotr Murdzia
(Poland), Boris Tummes (Germany)
FIDE Solving Master: Michal Dragoun (Czechia),
Marek Kolcak (Slovakia)
International Judge: Viktor Barsukov (Russia,
h#), Paz Einat (Israel, 2# and 3#), Thomas Maeder (Switzerland, h# and
fairies), Markus Manhart (Germany, h# and fairies), Michael McDowell (Great
Britain, h#), Anatoli Slesarenko (Russia, 2#)