54th Meeting of the World Federation for Chess Composition
in Jesi, Italy
August 20 – 27, 2011
32 member countries were present.
President Harry Fougiaxis (Greece), secretary Günter Büsing
The judges of the next WCCI (World Championship in Composing for Individuals)
2010-12 will beselected from the top 15 participants in the WCCI 2007-2009.
The director will be Mike Prcic.
Electonic submission of entries will be accepted in some sections of
the FIDE Album 2010-2012.
- International Master of Chess Composition: Yuri Baslov (Russian Fed.),
Michael Herzberg (Germany), Leonid Makaronez (Israel), Daniel
Papack (Germany), Andrei Vysokosov (Russian Fed.)
- FIDE Master of Chess Compositions: Peter Hoffmann (Germany),
Grigory Slepyan (Belarus), Dragan Stojnic (Serbia), Karen Sumbatyan
(Russian Fed.), Sergy Ivanovich Tkachenko (Ukraine), Viktor Volchek
(Belarus), Igor Yarmonov (Ukraine)
- International Judge: Oleg Efrosinin (Russian Fed.) for moremovers, Valery Kopyl (Ukraine) for twomovers, Dinu-Ioan Nicula (Romania)
for fairies, Abdelaziz Onkoud (Morocco) for 2-movers, 3-movers and
helpmates, Mike Prcic (USA) for selfmates, Kenneth Solja (Finland)
for helpmates, Tadashi Wakashima (Japan) for fairies
- Solving Grandmaster: Kacper Piorun (Poland), Ladislav Salai jr
- International Solving Master: Marko Filipovic (Croatia)
- FIDE Solving Master: Araz Almammadov (Azerbaijan), Omer
Friedland (Israel), Martynas Limontas (Lithuania), Alexander
Mista (Poland), Andrei Petrov (Russian Fed.)
The rules of title of FIDE Solving Judge were added to the Statutes.
New Committee Chairmen:
- Computers – Roberto Stelling
- FIDE Albums – Harry Fougiaxis
- Qualifications – Georgy Evseev
- Studies – Harold van der Heijden
Petko Petkov (Bulgaria) was nominated Honorary Member of the WFCC.
The committee for endgame studies selected the study
of the year 2010.
55th World Congress of Chess Composition (WCCC) and World Chess Solving
Championship in Kobe, Japan September 15.-22.,
2012 (re-scheduled on Oct. 27th)
8th European Chess Solving Championship (ECSC) in Kiev, Ukraine
8th International Solving Contest (ISC) 29.1.2012, director Axel Steinbrink