53rd Meeting of the World Federation for Chess Compositions
(Permanent Commission for Chess Composition)
in Crete (Greece)
October 16 – 23, 2010
Delegates in the meeting at Crete
31 member countries were present.
President Uri Avner (Israel), secretary Günter Büsing
New name of the organization is World Federation for Chess Composition (WFCC).
New Statutes were accepted permitting the registration in Switzerland.
New Presidium was elected for 2010-2014:
Uri Avner was nominated as an Honorary President.
9. WCCT will be announced in January 2011. The director is Harry Fougiaxis.
Judging countries, five in each section and one reserve, were selected.
FIDE-Album 2001-2003 is going to the printer immediately. See order
Electonic submission of entries will be accepted in some sections of the FIDE
Album 2007-2009. More details soon.
- Grandmaster of Chess Composition: Reto Aschwanden (Switzerland), Wieland Bruch (Germany), Vasyl Dyachuk (Ukraine), Camillo
Gamnitzer (Austria), Matti Myllyniemi (+, Finland), Marcel Tribowski
(Germany), Milan Velimirovic (Serbia) and Klaus Wenda (Austria)
- International Master of Chess Composition: Christer Jonsson (Sweden), Marek Kwiatkowski (Poland), Thierry le Gleuher (France), Juraj
Lörinc (Slovakia), Jurij Marker (Russian Fed.), Alexandr
Postnikov (Ukraine), Francesco Simoni (Italy) and Sven Trommler
- FIDE Master of Chess Compositions: Dmitrij Baibikov (Israel), Evgeni Bourd (Israel), Evgeny Fomichev (Russian Fed.), Arieh
Grinblat (Israel), Lev Grolman (Russian Fed.), Harri Hurme
(Finland), Givi Mosiashvili (Georgia), Vladislav Nefyodov (Russian
Fed.), Valery Semenenko (Ukraine), Peter Sickinger (Germany), Thomas Volet (USA) and Menachem Witztum (Israel)
- International Judge: Evgeny Fomichev (Russian Fed.) for 3-movers, Bernd Gräfrath (Germany) for retros, Jiri Jelinek (Czech
Rep.) for 3-movers and selfmates, Lubos Kekely (Slovakia) for endgame
studies, Diyan Kostadinov (Bulgaria) for selfmates, Václav
Kotesovec (Czech Rep.) for 2-movers, helpmates and fairies, Kostas
Prentos (Greece) for retros, Manfred Rittirsch (Germany) for fairies, Alexandr Semenenko (Ukraine) for helpmates, Valery Semenenko
(Ukraine) for helpmates, Sven Trommler (Germany) for 2-movers, 3-movers,
moremovers and helpmates and Emil Vlasák (Czech Rep.) for endgame
- Solving Grandmaster: Michal Dragoun (Czech Rep.)
- International Solving Master: Piotr Gorski (Poland), Kacper Piorun
(Poland), Evgeny Viktorov (Russian Fed.)
- FIDE Solving Master: Evgeny Fomichev (Russian Fed.), Ramil
Javadov (Azerbaijan), Evgeny Viktorov (Russian Fed.)
After the meeting in Crete, it was found that Daniel Papack (Germany)
and Dragan Stojnic (Serbia) have also reached the required Album points
for the titles of the International Master and FIDE Master for Chess Compositions
respectively. The titles will be awarded to them in the next Ordinary Meeting
of the WFCC.
Next World Congress of Chess Composition (WCCC) and World Chess Solving
Championship in Jesi, Italy perhaps in the end of August 2011 (Google
Maps | City of Jesi)
7th European Chess Solving Championship (ECSC) in Lowicz, Poland.
7th International Solving Contest (ISC) 23.1.2011, director Axel Steinbrink