50th Meeting of the Permanent Commission
of the FIDE for Chess Compositions
in Rhodes (Greece)
October 13-20, 2007
29 member countries were present. New delegates Roberto Stelling (Brasil)
and Paul Valois (Great Britain). Jakov Vladimirov (Russia) was
nominated as an Honorary Member.
President Uri Avner (Israel), secretary Günter Büsing
FIDE-Album 1998-2000 has been printed.
- Honorary Master of Chess Composition: Odette Vollenweider
(Switzerland) and Sonomun Chimedtseren (Mongolia)
- Grandmaster for Chess Composition: Alexandr Feoktistov (Russia), Yves Cheylan (France), Marjan Kovacevic (Serbia), Miodrag
Mladenovic (Serbia), Valery Shanshin (Russia), Valery Shawyrin
(Russia), Anatoly Slesarenko (Russia).
- International Master for Chess Composition: Alexandr Azhusin (Russia), Nils Adrian Bakke (Norway), Valerij Gurov (Russia), Christopher
Jones (Great Britain), Jorge Kapros (Argentina), Vitaly Kovalenko
(Russia), Hartmut Laue (Germany), Manfred Rittirsch (Germany), Andrey Selivanov (Russia), Sergey Smotrov (Kazakhstan), Anatoly
Stjopotchkin (Russia), Thorsten Zirkwitz (Germany).
- FIDE Master for Chess Compositions: Anatolij Karamanits (Ukraine), Ralf Krätschmer (Germany), Vasyl Markovtsij (Ukraine), Dan Meinking (USA), Alexandr Pankratjev (Russia), Nikola
Stolev (Macedonia), Ruslan Surkov (Russia), Dieter Werner
(Germany/Switzerland), Martin Wessels (Germany), Rolf Wiehagen
(Germany), Vokota Nikoletic (+) (Serbia).
- International Grandmaster for Solving: Alexandr Azhusin (Russia).
- International Solving Master: Vlaicu Crisan (Romania), Kari Karhunen
(Finland), Colin McNab (Great Britain), Anatoly Mukoseev (Russia), Bojan Vuckovic (Serbia).
- FIDE Solving Master: Alexandr Bulavka (Belarus), Josef
Kupper (Switzerland), Vidmantas Satkus (Lithuania), Miloslav
Vanko (Czechia), Miroslav Voracek (Czechia),.
Rules of FIDE Album selection were slightly modified.
Changes to Codex were accepted with a small change to the duals in endgame
The standard format for the representation
of chess problems was accepted.
Next World Congress of Chess Composition (WCCC) in Jurmala, Latvia in
the beginning of September 2008 (invitation).
4th International Solving Contest (ISC) 27.1.2008
International Day of Chess Composition: 4th January