The seventh World Championship in Composing for Individuals is completed. 266 composers from 42 different countries competed in 8 sections and submitted a total of 2831 compositions. With the exception of section count, these numbers are the WCCI new all time high. 611 compositions by 151 author automatically qualify for the inclusion into the FIDE Album. About a hundred of these problems mostly composed by the winners can be found in this report.
My congratulations to the winners! Your results are overwhelmingly impressive given the extreme level of competition. My congratulations to everyone who is happy with his or her performance! The WCCI is open to everyone.
This was a big project that took almost two years in preparation and execution. It would not be possible without the help of many experts from different countries who consulted me on possible judge candidates and provided other valuable advice. Many thanks to you!
Many thanks to our judges! In less than five months they have done a titanic amount of work. This year we have had two substitute judges who had to run on even tighter schedule. Contribution of the judges is priceless, this event would not be possible without them.
Also I want to thank the members of the Supervising Panel and the President of the WFCC (who also acted as one of the judges) for their timely feedback and advice on the rules of the competition.
- A – Twomovers: Vasyl Dyachuk, Marjan Kovačević, Valery Shanshin
- B – Threemovers: Aleksandr Feoktistov, Aleksandr Kuzovkov, Valery Shavyrin
- C – Moremovers: Mikhail Marandyuk, Aleksandr Kuzovkov, Fedor Davidenko
- D – Endgame studies: Oleg Pervakov, Martin Minski, Steffen Slumstrup Nielsen
- E – Helpmates: Vasyl Kryzhanivskyi, Aleksandr Semenenko, Fadil Abdurahmanović
- F – Selfmates: Andrey Selivanov, Zoran Gavrilovski, Aleksandr Kuzovkov
- G – Fairies: Vlaicu Crișan, Petko Petkov, Lev Grolman / Borislav Gadjanski
- H – Retros: Silvio Baier, Dmitrij Baibikov, Nicolas Dupont