Latvian Society for Chess Composition, in co-operation with Riga Chess Federation, has the honor of inviting the European national teams and individual solvers to participate in the 13th European Chess Solving Championship.
We welcome European teams to compete in ECSC, and everybody else to compete in informal tournaments, hang out and have fun in Riga. Please, see 13th ECSC official website for registration and more information about the main competition and additional activities within the event.
- Dates: Friday 12th May — Sunday 14th May, 2017
- Location: city of Riga, the capital of Latvia
- Venue: Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, Kuģu iela 24, LV-1048, Rīga ☏ +371 6706 1111
- Activities within ECSC:
- ECSC, 1st and 2nd day (Director: Luc Palmans, Belgium)
- Open Solving Tournament (Director: Vidmantas Satkus, Lithuania)
- Solving Show (Director: Vidmantas Satkus, Lithuania)
- Thematic tournament “Baltic Combined” (Director: Iļja Ketris, Latvia)
- Registration fee: €45
- Room prices at Radisson Blu Daugava (breakfast included):
To get these prices, you have to book using the link sent to you upon your registration.
- Single €70
- Double €75
- Triple €90
- Registration deadline: 31th March, 2017
|Time||May 12th, Friday||May 13th, Saturday||May 14th, Sunday||Time|
|9:00||Arrival and registration||ECSC 1st day||ECSC 2nd day||9:00|
|12:30||Go see the city, get food||Judges work hard||12:30|
|17:00||Open Solving||Solving Show and Baltic Combined||Bon voyage!||17:00|
Riga airport (RIX) is 8km away. Your options are:
- bus 22 or minibus 222. Get off at “Nacionālā bibliotēka”, it will cost you €2
- taxi, should be about €12-15
- airport shuttle, €6 per person
If you come by car, just go to “Kuģu 24, Riga”. The hotel parking is €8 per day.