WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN COMPOSING FOR INDIVIDUALS
The WCCI is organised with the authority of the FIDE
The WCCI is open to all composers from all member
federations of the FIDE.
The WCCI comprises the following sections:
d) Endgame studies,
g) Fairies and
h) Retro problems.
Composers are invited to submit their top quality
compositions for the WCCI.
A composer may send in each section a maximum
of six compositions, published in the years 1998 – 2000.
Corrected compositions or versions may participate if they were published
during these years. Joint compositions are not allowed. It is not permitted
to send entries on somebody else’s behalf.
Five copies of each entry should be sent, printed
or stamped on uniform diagrams, with the author’s name, publication date
with any award, stipulation and full solution clearly written on the front
of each diagram, and a brief comment if desired. The algebraic notation
is to be used.
Entries should be sent to the Tournament Director,
postmarked not later than 31st October 2001.
Three judges in each section will grade the entries.
The sum of a composer’s four best compositions will be calculated for his
final result. In each section the composer with the highest sum of his
best four compositions will be declared the champion.
In addition, the PCCC makes the following recommendations:
– Cyrillic names and addresses of composers should
be written in Cyrillic capital letters, if possible also transcribed into
– To help the Director, the source of a composition
should, if possible, include not only magazine and year of publication
but also the month or magazine number and/or the number of the composition.
– If a composition has been computer-tested,
this should be indicated with the symbol "C+" or "Co".
– Unusual fairy forms should be explained.
– Twomovers: Melnitchenko (UKR), Velimiroviæ
(YU), Wiedenhoff (F)
– Threemovers: Vladimirov (RUS), P. le Grand
(NL), Kos (CZ)
– Moremovers: Mihajlovski (MAC), Schoen (D),
– Studies: Selivanov (RUS), Akobia (GEO), Ugren
– Helpmates: Hernitz (CRO), Petkov (BG), Feather
– Selfmates: Janevski (MAC), Hildebrand (S),
– Fairies: Brown (USA), Gandev (BG), Tura (PL)
– Retros: Lauinger (D), de Heer (NL), Widlert
Reserve judges: H. le Grand (NL), Stolev (MAC),
SI – 1000 LJUBLJANA
President of the PCCC-FIDE
dr. Bedrich Formanek
Pula, September 2000