51st Meeting of the Permanent Commission
of the FIDE for Chess Compositions
in Jurmala (Latvia)
August 30 – September 6, 2008
28 member countries were present. New delegates Marco Bonavoglia (Italy), Peter Gvozdják (Slovakia), Bogusz Piliczewski (Poland)
and Nikola Predrag (Croatia).
President Uri Avner (Israel), secretary Günter Büsing
- International Master for Chess Composition: Gady Costeff (Israel),
Michal Dragoun (Czech Rep.), Zoran Gavrilovski (Macedonia) and Arpád Molnár (Hungary).
- FIDE Master for Chess Compositions: Aleksandr Manveljan (Armenia), Sergei Osintsev (Russia), Nikolai Rezvov (Ukraine), Andrey
- International Judge: Michal Dragoun (Czech Rep.) for helpmates and
fairies and Alexander Nazarov (Russia) for retros.
- International Grandmaster for Solving: Miodrag Mladenovic (Serbia),
Andrey Selivanov (Russia) and Bojan Vuckovic (Serbia).
- International Solving Master: Aleksander Bulavka (Belarus) and Aleksander
- FIDE Solving Master: Nikola Predrag (Croatia), Klemen Sivic
(Slovenia) and Alain Villeneuve (France).
Article 16 of the Codex was modified.
FIDE-Album 2001-2003 is expected to appear until the next summer. Album
2007-2009 will be announced in the end of 2009. New selection system has been
Next World Congress of Chess Composition (WCCC) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
in August 2009. In 2010 provisionally in Rouen, France.
5th International Solving Contest (ISC) 25.1.2009
5th European Chess Solving Championship (ECSC) in Belgrade, Serbia in