42nd WORLD CONGRESS OF CHESS COMPOSITION
NETANYA, ISRAEL 23.10. – 30.10.1999
The Israel Chess Composition Society (ICCS), member of the Israel Chess Federation, is pleased to invite the delegates of the FIDE Commission for Chess Composition (PCCC), the teams and individual solvers for the 23rd World Solving Championship (WCSC), and all those interested in problem chess, to attend the 42nd World Congress of Chess Composition to be held in Netanya, Israel, from Saturday October 23rd to Saturday October 30th 1999. Hosts : the Zyvotel Chain with its 5 hotels in Netanya, 4 of them neighboring hotels, all of them situated only few meters away from the beautiful Mediterranean beach.
The program includes : Commission sessions, composing and solving tourneys, lectures, excursions, city reception, closing banquet, and more. The World Solving Championship (WCSC) is scheduled for Tuesday 26.10 and Wednesday 27.10.1999.
Pre-Congress Program (16.10. – 23.10.1999)
Following the example of Tel Aviv 1996, we offer a Pre-Congress program, beginning one week prior to the opening of the official Congress. Participants of the Pre-Congress will enjoy special composing tourneys, meetings with Israeli problemists, and the expanded opportunity for a profound experience of Israel, ancient and new.
Congress Hotels: The Zyvotel Chain in Netanya
Rates in U.S. Dollars (one person/one night):
|Sironit***||19 Gad Machnes Street||42||58||10|
|Residence***||18 Gad Machnes Street||44||60||10|
|Residence Beach****||16 Gad Machnes Street||48||66||10|
|Galil****||26 Nitza Boulevard||48||66||10|
|Blueweiss*****||22 Gad Machnes Street||63||91||16|
- Breakfast is included.
- Suites are available at Residence Beach and Blueweiss for additional US $ 20.- a day per suite (not per person).
- The number of rooms available in each hotel is limited. You are therefore requested to indicate your first and second choice of hotel.
- The neighboring Sironit, Residence, Residence Beach and Blueweiss host the main events of the Congress. The Galil (1.2 km away from them) offers a shuttle-service for guests (free), operating 09:00-13:00 and 16:00-20:00. A taxi fare is about US $ 2½.
- All payments should be made directly to the hotel, which accepts cash (dollars or equivalent western currency), traveler checks, and all major credit cards.
- Further Stay : The same hotel rates will apply for persons wishing to extend their stay either before or after the Congress.
- Banquet 14 US $.
Registrations / Reservations
These should be forwarded to us no later than 20.8.1999.
Late registrations will be subject to room avaibility. Please state dates, hotel preferences (two alternatives) and room type.
Air mail address: ICCS, P.O. Box 53132, IL-61531 Tel Aviv, Israel. E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fax : +972-3-6422409
1. No participation fee is required, except for those participants making arrangements by themselves (not through the organizers) for their stay in Israel during the Congress. In this case only, there is participation fee of U.S. $ 70 to be paid (in cash) upon arrival.
2. The "official" (free of charge) Congress excursions are: Tuesday 26/10 – Kibbutz; Thursday 28/10 – Nazareth & Sea of Galilee. Another, "unofficial" guided tour, to Jerusalem & Bethlehem, will also be organized. Time: Monday 25/10/99; price: US $ 20 per person. If you wish to join this tour you must register (and pay) for it one day in advance (at our desk in the Residence hotel). Notice: there is a limited capacity for the tour. Please let me know as soon as possible (by e-mail) of your intention to participate, to enable us to estimate the size of the bus needed (you still have to register a day before).
Notice: the "official" activities overlapping this tour are: 1. Open solving tournament (morning); 2. Subcommittee sessions (afternoon).