11th International Solving Contest (ISC)
Sunday January 25th 2015
The International Solving Contest next year will take place on Sunday January 25th 2015. The event is happening simultaneously in all participating countries.
There will be three sections: one for the experienced solvers. In this section solvers can obtain rating points.
The second section is intended for weaker, inexperienced solvers. This second section is not open for solvers with a rating of more than 1700.
The third section is intended for youths up to (incl.) 12 years old.
As delegate you have to appoint a local controller who can be trusted on the responsible task of organizing this contest in your country. If you find it appropriate this contest may be organized in more than one location in your country. But for each location a local controller must take the responsibility. It is absolutely required that the local controller must dispose of an e-mail address. The delegate will thus indicate this e-mail-address. The local controller has to register himself on the MatPlus website (http://www.matplus.net) where he has to enter the preliminary results of his tournament.
The contest in the main section will consist of two rounds with six problems each, i.e. for each round a 2≠, 3≠, n≠, EG, h≠ and s≠.
The second section will consist of two rounds with four problems each, of types as in the main section.
The youth section will consist of one round with six orthodox problems, i.e. two 2≠, two 3≠, one n≠ and one EG.
For each round, the solving time is two hours.
To prevent possible irregularities it is essential that the start of the contest must be at the same time in each country. This means CET (Central European Time) at 11 hr. Local time must meet this CET. Between the two rounds a break is foreseen of minimum 0,5 hr and max 1,5 hr, at the option of the local controller.
The local controller will receive between 16th and 18th January 2015 the following Word-format documents by e-mail:
- For each round, a sheet with the problems.
- For each round, a sheet for writing the solutions.
- For each round, a sheet with the solutions and their marking.
- A form for summarizing the results.
The task of the local controller is:
- The organizing of the local contest. Note: It is allowed that countries have a combined organization.
- Participants may also be of a different country.
- The announcement in local magazines.
- The invitation of the local participants.
- The reproduction of the various sheets for the solvers.
- The checking of the solutions and point-giving.
- The entry of the results on the special website on MatPlus not later than on January 28th 2015.
- The e-mailing of the results. This must reach the central controllers by e-mail not later than on January 29th 2015.
- The e-mailing of the scanned solving sheets to the central controllers, not later than the January 31st 2015.
- The local controller should keep the original solving sheets to ensure a back-up.
- The e-mail address of Ivan Denkovski is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The local controller will send a copy of all e-mails to Gligor Denkovski (email@example.com)
The central controllers checks the markings and distributes the final result to the various local controllers and to the delegates not later than February 15th 2015. Appeals to be sent to the central controllers not later than February 20th 2015.
After handling possible appeals, the central controllers will present the results and their report to the subcommittee by March 10th 2015. After review the results will be presented on the WFCC-website.
The final results of this contest will take the form of individual ranking. No ranking per country will be provided by the central committee (although any country may do this for itself). There will also be a ranking for juniors, seniors and female solvers.
The name of the locally appointed controller must reach the central controllers by e-mail no later than December 31st 2014.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Central controllers ISC 2015
Skopje, October 19, 2014
Invitation in PDF format | Results