- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Baku 08-09.04.2017 April 11, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Bad Segeberg 08-09.04.2017 April 11, 2017
- 13th ECSC – deadlines for registration April 6, 2017
- FIDE ALBUM 2013-2015 – Results in section C April 3, 2017
- Solvers’ ratings April 1st 2017 April 2, 2017
- 5th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2017 – Preliminary results – E-Helpmates March 31, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Athens 26.03.2017 March 30, 2017
- 5th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2017 – Preliminary results – A-Twomovers March 24, 2017
- World Solving Cup 2016/2017 – Nunspeet 18.03.2017 March 22, 2017
- 5th FIDE World Cup in Composing 2017 – Preliminary results – C-Moremovers March 20, 2017
Recent news by category
The Latvian Society for Chess Composition, in co-operation with the Riga Chess Federation, has the honor of inviting the European national teams and individual solvers to participate in the 13th European Chess Solving Championship. The event will be held from Friday, May 12th to Sunday May 14th, 2017, at the Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, in Riga.
Directors of the competitions: ECSC: Luc Palmans (Belgium), Open solving and Solving show: Vidmantas Satkus (Lithuania), Baltic Combined: Ilja Ketris (Latvia).
The 10th ECSC took place at Igalo, Montenegro in 16.-18.05.2014.
All the solving events were organised, controlled and judged by the tireless Ryszard Królikowski. His efforts have been titanic and WFCC is really thankful. It is sad that Paul Valois, who had volunteered to help Ryszard in controlling and marking, passed away unexpectedly a few days before the event.
- ECSC: 15 teams and 63 solvers. The three top teams: Poland, Russia, Serbia. The three top solvers: Piotr Murdzia (Poland), Georgy Evseev (Russia), Marko Filipović (Croatia).
- Open Solving tournament: 60 participants. The three top solvers: Jonathan Mestel (Great Britain), Piotr Murdzia (Poland), Piotr Górski (Poland).
- Quick Solving: 35 participants. The three top solvers: Jonathan Mestel (Great Britain), Vasyl Dyachuk (Ukraine), Jorma Paavilainen (Finland).